Investor FAQ

What is stock transfer agent and how do I contact them?

A transfer agent and registrar for a publicly held company keeps records of every outstanding stock certificate and the name of the person to whom it is registered. When stock changes hands, the transfer agent updates the record of ownership of the stock. The registrar reconciles all transfer records and makes sure that the number of shares debited is equal to the number of shares credited. Jernigan Capital’s transfer agent is American Stock Transfer and Trust Co. The transfer agent does not maintain records of shares bought and sold through brokerage accounts and held in 'street name'. Those records are maintained by the specific brokerages through whom shares are bought and sold.

If you have stock certificates or hold shares directly with American Stock Transfer & Trust Co., any shareholder mailings from Jernigan Capital are sent to the address that American Stock Transfer & Trust Co. has on file. To verify your address you can call American Stock Transfer & Trust Co. directly at 800-937-5449. It is your responsibility to ensure that your address is current with American Stock Transfer & Trust Co. at all times.

If you hold your Jernigan Capital shares through a brokerage account, all mailings from Jernigan Capital will be sent to the address for you that your brokerage has on file.

If you have any questions about:
Change of address
Lost stock certificates
Transfer of stock to another person
Additional administrative services

You can reach American Stock Transfer & Trust Co. (Jernigan Capital’s stock transfer agent) as follows:

American Stock Transfer & Trust Co., LLC
6201 15th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11219
Toll Free: (800) 937-5449
Local & International: (718) 921-8124